Monday, June 21, 2010

To Jailbreak Or Not to Jailbreak

My personal opinion is a big fat NO. For those who don't know, jailbreaking is a process to which you hack your iPhone so you can download apps not approved by the apple store to customize your iPhone in ways not normally seen on a standard iPhone.

Granted that jailbreaking your iPhone gets you access to a large marketplace of apps that are not approved by the apple store for free. I almost considered jailbreaking my iPhone purely for the ability to tether my iPhone's Internet connection to my laptop. That would be a nice feature when you're not near a wifi hotspot. I think the deal breaker for me was when I heard jailbreaking leaves your iPhone about as secure as a windows pc with no virus protection software. What does everyone else think?

- Joel via iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment